The Best Ribs Recipe in the World…Seriously
Stop searching. Look no further. I’ve found it. The best ribs recipe in the world.
I was discussing food with Mike, a personal training client. I mentioned some decent ribs I had eaten that weekend, and he told me about his Mum’s rib recipe and how good it was. Long story very short, it became a mission for us to find and tweak the recipe to perfection (that, plus the fact that Mike has accidentally ordered 28 tins of the soup you need for the recipe and needs to use them all…)
- Pork ribs (I get mine from the butcher – bigger, better quality, meatier and less fatty).
- 1 Can (10.5oz or of Campbell’s condensed tomato soup
- 50ml Worcestershire Sauce
- Juice of half a lemon
- 250ml water
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine all of the ingredients for the marinade in a saucepan and bring to the boil. When they reach boiling point, simmer for 2 minutes.
- Place ribs in a baking tray and cover in the marinade.
- Cook for 3 hours at 150 degrees Celsius. Turn the ribs every 30 minutes and re-baste with the marinades.
- This makes enough marinade to use for another meal. I am going to try it with a cut of beef designed for slow-cooking such as brisket or short rib.
- Due to the relatively low heat during the cooking, lots of the pork fat renders and can be poured into a dripping dish, meaning you will have a bbq-flavoured fat to cook with at a later date!
Check out the best ribs recipe in the world and see if you agree – any suggestions for improvement more than welcome!
Also, make sure to check out this great guide from Seriously Smoked to become the ultimate grill master!
If you subscribe to the Hoyles Fitness mailing list you’ll receive a free eBook containing 101 Health and Fitness Tips, plus offers and news exclusive to Hoyles Fitness subscribers. Click the image below to download…