Mango and Passion Fruit Yogurt Recipe – Healthy, Low-Sugar Yogurt
Mango and passion fruit yogurt recipe – healthy yogurt when you’re watching the sugar and fat!
On the whole, I’m not a big dairy fan, but I love yogurt – the only problem is that they’re often so full of sugar, rendering them pretty useless from a health point of view.
With that in mind, I’ve taken a slightly different approach to making a yogurt mix. I’m pretty loathe to call it a recipe, but in the absence of a better word, here it is – mango and passion fruit yogurt…
Mango and Passion Fruit Yogurt
You will need…
- A ripe mango – go for one that is slightly soft to the touch. If it’s hard, it’s not ripe enough yet.
- 1-2 passion fruit, depending on size.
- Natural yogurt – made from only milk. No added sugar, no added fruit. Just added bacteria.
- A food processor. I use this one. It’s bitchin’.
How to Make Mango and Passion Fruit Yogurt
- Cut the mango from the stone. Chop into large chunks.
- Cut the passion fruit in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Put both into the food processor and puree.
- When the fruit is pureed, pour onto the yogurt.
- Stir together and eat….
This whole mango and passion fruit yogurt takes about 5 minutes, start to finish. It can be eaten as a breakfast or a dessert, so is pretty versatile as well.
Finally, and most importantly, it’s a way to eat yogurt and be healthy at the same time. There’s two of your 5 a day in this recipe, it’s quick, satisfies a sweet tooth and can be given to adults or kids alike.
In fact, if you’re worried about your kids eating sugary yogurts, this could be a perfect alternative to that. Plus they could get involved with the prep, increasing your chances of actually getting them to eat it!
Here’s the blender again – I’ve used mine every week for about 4 years and it’s still going strong!
By the way, if you subscribe to the Hoyles Fitness mailing list you’ll receive a free eBook containing 101 Health and Fitness Tips, plus offers and news exclusive to Hoyles Fitness subscribers. Click the image below to download…