Garage Gym? My Kind of Home Improvement!
If you have the space, a home gym is a great investment. For a (relatively) small amount of money you can put together a great home set up that will more than pay for itself in time.
I’ll give you an example….
If you are a regular exerciser and spend £40 per month on gym membership, it’s £480 per year. Assuming the gym doesn’t increase their prices year on year (unlikely), over 5 years you’ll have spent £2,400 on gym membership.
For a similar fee you could put together a home gym, assuming you shop well for your kit.
If you’ve been a gym member of 10 years, imagine the home set up you could have with the money you’ve spent on membership!
A great resource for anyone looking to build a home gym is Garage Gym Builder – a website with a huge amount of advice for anyone looking to set themselves up with great kit at a reasonable price.
The site is full of reviews, advice, Garage Gym Builder discounts, suggestions and training help.
Why Have a Garage Gym?
Well there are loads of reasons, but I’ll reel off a simple few…
- It’s yours – you can do what you like in there! Swear, play music you like, make as much noise and mess you like.
- You’ll buy the kit YOU want. It’ll be tailor-made to your requirements.
- No excuse to not train!
- You’ll never queue for equipment.
- Once the kit is bought, there’s no ongoing charge!
- When you’ve finished your workout you can shower in your own bathroom!
- You can train whenever you want to – there’s no such thing as ‘opening hours’ at home!
Sounds great doesn’t it? If you have the room and the spare money it’s an investment you won’t regret. If you shop well, a great home set up needn’t cost the earth, or even anywhere close to it!
By the way, if you subscribe to the Hoyles Fitness mailing list you’ll receive a free eBook containing 101 Health and Fitness Tips, plus offers and news exclusive to Hoyles Fitness subscribers. Click the image below to download…