Marketing your personal training services can be more challenging than marketing a product. You can’t merely post ads and expect quick results. People can hire you as a personal trainer not because you made a great ad but because you have an established brand that they find attractive. So, social media platforms are the best spaces for personal training advertising.
Platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok give people an up-close and personal feel of what it will be like to work with you. Social media platforms are now very conducive for business promotion. Even problems like having to unblock links on Facebook now have solutions.
Social media marketing for personal trainers is not as challenging and time-consuming as it’s often made out to be. It just requires a strategy, and the application of this strategy differs depending on the specific platform you use.
This article explains why social media marketing (SMM) is valuable for personal trainers and how to market personal training on different social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok.
Why is SMM Important for Personal Trainers?
The goal of SMM for you as a personal trainer is to become an influencer. This way, you can offer value before your services are purchased. By providing the audience with a well-structured fitness plan, videos of your workouts where you’re working on your body or with your clients, and other valuable content, you can give your audience a glimpse of the potential gains of working with you.
Ways to Advertise Personal Training Business on Facebook
Facebook is a dominant force in the social media industry. Make sure you’re following these steps when marketing your services on Facebook:
Setting up a Facebook business page
This is the first step for several reasons:
- Setting up a personal trainer Facebook page makes you discoverable and accessible. It gives your followers a place where they can always access your content.
- It allows you to grow your audience and, subsequently, your client base. You can also connect and communicate with your audience via your Facebook business page.
Create valuable content
The keyword here is “valuable.” As long as you have an active social media account, you are bound to generate content. But if your goal is to promote your services, your content has to hold value. It means that before uploading posts on your personal trainer Facebook page, you must make sure the content communicates the value of your services. This could mean anything from sharing information about your successful projects to posting health and fitness facts that explain the benefits of hiring a personal trainer.
Create a Schedule
Once you create your Facebook business page, it’s important to create a schedule that can help you grow and maintain your page. You need to plan the specific times you’ll post, the types of content you want to post, and so on.
Advantages of Instagram for Personal Trainers
Instagram is one of the best social media platforms to market your services as a personal trainer. Some of its advantages are:
- Instagram is mainly visual. This might seem like an obvious statement, but as for a personal trainer, this holds extra value for your brand since prospective clients can see images and clips of you at work. So, you can give your audience a close-up look at the services you offer.
- High engagement rates. Instagram users like billions of posts every day. Instagram enables its users to interact with their followers and the accounts they follow on a personal level. Even with ads, Instagram users are more likely to read and engage with promoted posts because they are non-invasive and often related to the viewers’ interests.
- Your clients can help promote your services. Your customers can use tags to help you promote your personal training services. If your services are valuable, your clients will be more than happy to help you promote your business and share the progress they made while working with you.
What to Post On TikTok?
TikTok’s rise to the top of the social media industry is amazing to watch. Businesses benefit greatly from TikTok’s incredible success and adapt their content creation to suit the platform’s demands. As a personal trainer, what type of content should you post on Tiktok?
TikTok posts have to be short and catchy. It’s not enough for you to merely communicate the value of your services. TikTok users are there primarily to be entertained, so it’s imperative that you make your posts valuable and entertaining at the same time. It’s a simple task as there are always trends you can hop on, and if you have creative promotion ideas for posts, you can create those as well.
Physical training is a delightful and highly beneficial lifestyle habit. With the right social media marketing strategy, you can easily promote your brand and services. You have so many creative options for developing engaging content and can easily make alluring ads and posts that will increase the public awareness of your business. If you effectively utilize social media, you can open your services to billions of potential clients.